Sunday 18 January 2015

Happy Holidays and Writing Lists

With Christmas complete and 2015 begun, everyone's focus is on thinking of the best times during 2014, consolidating experiences, and planning for the year ahead. Taking stock of the time is a good way to consider changes and future projects you wish to concentrate on. More than just a silly trend we attribute to diary-keepers and young people.

2014 was a year of somewhat unsteadiness, personal goals changing, and lifestyles altering. Wesaytheysay.com became a mere idea in June/July, and it felt like such a large effort to prepare it for public consumption. So much thought went into its design and development, but it felt more like an exciting venture than a chore. Maybe for others it would have seemed a hard task, but the skills used to create it are what I enjoy using. Over the last few weeks during my holidays I have begun to watch the Canadian version of Dragon's Den, a TV program where rich investors are pitched ideas for monetary involvement by enthusiastic entrepreneurs, and the main message I've seen from them is that you have enjoy the work you are doing to fully commit yourself to it. Being in a job that you don't like drains more on your emotional energy, meaning that projects feel more taxing. That said, one must also be wary of the danger of over-work or over-producing, causing burnout. It's possibly these times of the year when we can appreciate our time off, and concern ourselves with our developments and how our goals fit into our lifestyle structures.

I used to be someone who wrote long lists of New Years resolutions, who then fell "off the wagon," however find myself again considering what I would write on my list. My main goal this year is to push further into wesaytheysay.com's development, launch the new initiatives coming, recruit new contributors, and be more active in marketing duties. I used to really like promotional activities, but lost touch with the hype. The world is full of people promoting items, wanting to shove traffic to their website. How do I stand out? Is my message of sharing and non-biased entertainment enough of a selling point to get visitors? Time will tell. There is an underlying nervousness as to what the answer will be to that question, but the most I can do is try. Often there are projects on Dragon's Den, which you don't think will be favourable, yet, they have thousands of sales with little marketing. And that's stuff on sale! Aren't free resources more inclined to be utilised?

In closing, I hope everyone had a nice holiday, celebrating as they wished to, with luck, peace, and happiness, surrounded by those they admire and love.

Best wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment